Spring Valley Fire Dept.

   Overworked electrical outlets have their limits. The occupants at 503 East Dakota in Spring Valley know that now after dealing with a small fire around 4am Sunday. In one room, flames erupted around one outlet, but were out when firemen got there.

   Fire Chief Todd Bogatitus said damage was limited to the outlet and the surrounding wall. Firemen aired out the entire house, but it is still habitable. Peru EMS checked four teens, but they refused medical treatment. Bogatitus reminds everyone to have functioning smoke and carbon monoxide detectors in your home.  

Recommended for you