State Police recently went looking for LaSalle County night spots serving minors, and they found some.
Law enforcement conducted Alcohol Countermeasure Enforcement surveillance on August 28 at two-dozen spots in LaSalle, Mendota, Oglesby, Peru and Tonica. Five area employees were arrested for Unlawful Delivery of Alcoholic Liquor to a Minor, a Class A misdemeanor. They are:
- Diaz Grocery Store employee Blanca N. Medellin, 28, of Mendota;
- Waterfalls Bar employee Jessica L. Robinson, 28, of Mendota;
- Coal Mine 351 Bar employee Colleen M. Wall, 55, of Oglesby;
- Aces & Eights Inc. employee Margaret L. Johnson, 25, of Oglesby;
- and CVS Store Number 6554 employee Cory M. Helson, 43, of Peru.
They were released with a notice to appear in court. This project was funded by the IDOT’s Division of Traffic Safety.