83-year-old Karen Waclaw of LaSalle died December 18 at Alexian Brother Hospice in Elk Grove Village.
A funeral service will be Saturday at 11 in the Burgess Funeral Home in La Salle. Burial will follow in St. Hyacinth Cemetery. Visitation will be Saturday from 9 until service time at the funeral home.
Karen was born in La Salle to Wilbur and Evelyn Jakowski. She married Gerald "Jerry" Waclaw in 1956. Karen worked for St. Bede Academy and also owned and operated a hair salon in her home. She was a member of St. Hyacinth Church.
Karen is survived by her daughters Cindy Cherpeske of La Salle and Beth Kissinger of McHenry; seven grandchildren; and several great-grandchildren.
You can leave an online condolence for Karen Waclaw by clicking here
- Parts of Illinois could soon move to Tier 2 COVID restrictions. What does that mean?
- Five travelers lose car to fire on I-80 Saturday night
- Bullets fired into LaSalle house early Sunday
- Million Dollar Bond For Alleged Drug Dealing Pair
- Christopher & Banks Closing Stores Including Peru Mall Location
- Illinois Comptroller will no longer withhold state payouts for red-light camera fees
- La Salle County entering Phase 1B Vaccinations next week
- New Hearing Date For Request To Re-examine Evidence In Starved Rock Murders Case
- Developer Thinks La Salle Fire Was Intentionally Set
- UPDATE: Streator shooting now a homicide investigation
|Lowest Gas Prices in La Salle, Oglesby, Ottawa, Peru, Princeton, Spring Valley|
|Illinois Gas Prices provided by GasBuddy.com|