Streator Fire Department

Nobody was hurt in a fire at Scoot’s Auto in Streator Friday evening.

Firefighters say a neighbor heard a small explosion and then looked outside and saw smoke coming from the building in the 600 block of East Main Street.  Firefighters forced their way inside the car shop and saw heavy smoke.  They eventually found that the fire was coming from a forklift inside the garage.  The blaze was put out in about 10 minutes. 

The cause of the fire is considered accidental.  The building suffered minor smoke damage while the ceiling above the forklift had some fire damage.  Firefighters say the forklift was moderately damaged. 

Recommended for you