Triple Service Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electric, 96.5 the Wolf and Classic Hits 103.9 WLPO congratulate the 2020 Comfort a Hero Rheem home comfort system winner: Herschel Tolley of Sublette. His daughter-in-law Gail wrote this about Herschel:
"I would like to nominate my father-in-law, Herschel Tolley into this contest. Herschel will be turning 90 in March and still resides at his home outside Sublette. He is an atomic veteran who served in the US Air Force during the Korean Conflict. He was on loan from the Air Force to the US Navy, as a mechanic, when he was stationed on the Marshall Islands during the nuclear bomb testing. The Marshall Islands were the "proving grounds for nuclear bombs", (which were actually more potent than expected) where the US Military Troops were given a badge to wear around their neck, and lined up on the beach while a nuclear bomb was set off on a nearby island. The badge they were wearing measured their exposure to the radiation triggered in the blast. As a result of Herschel being present on the Islands during the testing, he has incurred several medical and dental problems caused by the radiation exposure. He has endured several surgeries to remove the cancer spots caused by the radiation. In addition to the cancer spots, he also has suffered deteriorating bone & spine problems and is currently being treated with cortisone injections to the spine to ease the pain from this medical condition caused by the radiation.
In addition to his service in the US Military, Herschel had spent the last several years as sole caretaker to his wife of 68 years, Minnie, who suffers from the devastating effects of Alzheimer's, until she fell at home in June. Minnie is now staying at Heritage Health Center in Mendota, while Herschel is staying alone at their residence.
The past few years, the furnace has been having issues. Herschel has often called upon Triple Service to keep his old furnace running. He swears by the service provided by Triple Service, as they have always responded promptly to any emergency of "no heat", even so far as taking portable heaters to Herschel's residence when they have had to order new parts, which would be taking a few days to arrive.
Please consider Herschel Tolley for this contest, as he has definitely served his country, his community, as a member of the service groups, (Elks, & VFW) ,and he is also an active member of the Zion United Methodist Church in Mendota, where he serves as a trustee to the congregation.
Any consideration to the nomination of Herschel Tolley for the Comfort a Hero contest would be greatly appreciated. His entire family, as well as anyone who knows him, will agree that no-one is more deserving of the honor of being named as a hero than Herschel.
Thank you to Triple Service and your radio group for sponsoring this contest ,regardless of who the chosen winner is. This is truly a wonderful opportunity to keep one of our "Hero's Comfortable"."
Sincerely, Gail Tolley
Thank you to everyone who served and entered. We appreciate everything service members have given our country and look forward to comforting another hero next year.
Official Contest Rules
Contest Name: ‘Comfort a Hero’ Home Comfort System Giveaway (the “Contest”)
Station(s): WLPO/WLWF (the “Station”)
Station(s) Address: 1 Broadcast Lane Oglesby IL 61348
Telephone: (815) 223-3100
Starved Rock Media Inc, its subsidiaries and affiliated companies (together, the “Company”), will conduct the Contest substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
1. Description of Contest/Participation.
A. Dates of Contest: The Contest will begin on or about November 1, 2020 and end on or about November 24, 2020.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING. Void where prohibited. Odds of winning depend upon the number of participants.
B. How to Enter: Beginning at midnight November 1, 2020 through 11:59 pm Sunday November 15, 2020, persons 18 and older may enter by logging on to www.20inarowCountry.com or www.ClassicHits1039WLPO.com and completing the designated entry form. Entries will be reviewed November 16, 2020 and three (3) finalists will be contacted by phone no later than 5 pm Wednesday November 18, 2020.
How to Win: A panel of judges will review all entries and choose the finalists in the spirit of the holiday based on the circumstances of the person nominated, and that person’s ability to meet the criteria to be a finalist (See #13 ‘Certain Additional Requirements’, below). One (1) grand prize winner will be chosen from the finalists and announced on the station Tuesday November 24, 2020.
2. Prize(s). The prize(s) that may be awarded to the eligible winner(s) are:
(1) Grand Prize. Winner will receive a premiere Rheem heating and cooling system valued up to $5,000 from and for installation by Triple Service Inc.
Costs above $10,000 become the responsibility of the winner.
Prize Value: $10,000
The prize(s) that may be awarded to the eligible winner(s) are not transferable, redeemable for cash or exchangeable for any other prize. Winner(s) must present state authorized identification prior to being awarded the prize. All prizes or prize vouchers must be redeemed from the Station within 60 days of the contest end date unless stated otherwise
in these official rules. Certain prizes are date specific (i.e. concerts, trips) and the winner or winners must be available on the dates specified. If a winner cannot be contacted or is disqualified for any reason, the Company
reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or not to award that winner’s prize, in its sole discretion.
3. Eligibility and Limitations. Participants and winner(s) must be U.S. residents, at least 18-years old, as determined by the Company, and reside within 50 miles of Mendota Illinois.
Only one (1) entry per person. Only one (1) prize per household for the
Contest for any thirty (30) day period. Employees of the Company, the Contest’s participating sponsors and their advertising agencies, employees of other radio or television stations, and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate and win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related.
4. Telephone and Delivery Disclaimer. If a contest is a call in to win contest and/or a telephone is needed to participate in the Contest, participants are restricted to the use of ordinary telephone equipment. Participants that enable the “Caller ID” block function will not be allowed to participate unless they enter their correct area code and telephone number if prompted, or disable the features inhibiting their participation in the Contest. Participants using equipment not set up for toll free phone exchanges (800, 888, 877, 866, etc.) may experience call connection problems. The Company disclaims all liability for the inability of a participant to complete or continue a telephone call due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, acts beyond the Company’s control, or otherwise. For all contests the Company disclaims all liability for any delays, misdelivery, loss, or failure in the delivery of any item sent by mail, courier, express, electronic transmission, or other delivery method. The Company is not responsible for mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions or failures of any kind, including: failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed transmission of online entries, traffic congestion on telephone lines, the Internet or at any website or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit an online entrant's ability to participate in the Contest, and any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in the Contest. Entry forms in a register-to-win contest must be handwritten. No photocopies or mechanical reproductions of entry forms is permitted.
5. Voting Contests. By participating in the voting portion of any contest, each voting participant agrees to be bound by the official contest rules. Voting is limited to one vote per verified email address. If an entrant receives multiple and/or irregular votes or multiple votes from the same user or users, including but not limited to, votes generated by a robotic, programmed, script, macro, other automated means or other source, the Station reserves the right to disqualify the entrant in its sole discretion. If the contest includes the use of an internet tool and the internet voting process fails to operate properly or appears to be tampered with or tainted with errors, fraud or unfair practices, the Company reserves the right to use another means to determine the winner(s), i.e. random selection or appointing a panel of judges. All decisions of the judges are final.
6. Publicity; Use of Personal Information. By participating, where allowed by law, all participants and winner(s) grant the Company exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices, and likenesses in connection with promotion of this and other contests and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use. By participating in the Contest, where allowed by law, participants agree that the Company may disclose personal information obtained from participants in the Contest to third parties and use such information for marketing and other purposes.
7. Consumer Created Content. If the entry for the Contest requires creative material from the participant/entrant, by submitting your entry:
(1) you agree that your disclosure is gratuitous, unsolicited and without restriction and will not place the company or contest sponsors under any fiduciary or other obligation, that the company is free to disclose the ideas on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you;
(2) you acknowledge that, by acceptance of your submission, the company and contest sponsors do not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to sponsor, or developed by their employees, or obtained from sources other than you;
(3) you are verifying that you are the owner and producer of the submitted material and that no third party ownership rights exist to any material submitted, and
(4) you are hereby granting the company and the station a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable (through multiple tiers) right and license to use, publish, reproduce, display, perform, adapt, modify, distribute, have distributed and promote such content in any form, in all media now known or hereinafter created, anywhere in the world, for any purpose.
8. Release. By participating in the Contest, each participant and winner waives any and all claims of liability against the Company, its employees and agents, the Contest’s sponsors and their respective employees and agents, for any personal injury or loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the Contest, or from the use of any prize. In order to receive a prize, participants must sign an official waiver form provided by the Company.
9. Taxes. Any valuation of the prize(s) stated above is based on available information provided to the Company, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prize(s) and paying any expenses associated with any prize which are not specifically provided for in the official rules. Each winner must provide the Company with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Any person winning over $600 in prizes from the Company will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
10. Conduct and Decisions. By participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Company personnel. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. The Company will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Contest and the Company’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Contest is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the Company, the Company reserves the right to terminate this Contest, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as the Company deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by the Company and are final. The Company may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately circumvent, disrupt, damage or undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Company reserve the right to seek civil and/or criminal prosecution and/or damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
11. Miscellaneous. Void where prohibited. Odds of winning depend upon the number of participants. Each winner must submit proof of eligibility and sign the Company’s release form to claim the prize. The Company may substitute prizes, amend the rules or discontinue the Contest at any time as announced on the Station(s). The Company disclaims any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of the Contest. For a copy of the rules, or where required by law, a list of winners, visit the business office of the Station during normal business hours or visit the Station’s website. All entries become the property of the Company and will not be returned.
12. Compliance with Law. The conduct of the Contest is governed by the applicable laws of the United States of America, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. Station(s) shall follow the applicable laws for conducting contests, including notice to the state attorney general or consumer affairs office, posting of a prize bond, furnishing lists of winners, running specific on-air disclaimers, providing specific written information about the Contest, etc. as required by local and state law.
13. Certain additional requirements are necessary to be a candidate.
Other Requirements or General Eligibility Conditions:
Prior to being determined a qualifying finalist the Sponsor will contact potential finalists for a furnace room inspection. Entrants must allow Sponsor to enter the home for inspection before qualifying as a finalist. To become an official qualifying finalist, Entrants must meet all of Sponsor’s restrictions and requirements contained in the official contest rules (below). Sponsor will determine if the qualifying requirements have been met before a finalist is eligible. All decisions made by the Sponsor are final and at their sole discretion.
Entrant must be the homeowner at the time of entry and Winner has to own the home in which the furnace will be installed.
Homeowner (Winner) must allow Triple Service Inc access within normal business hours on continuous days in accordance with Triple Service Plumbing Heating Cooling’s installation schedule.
All state, federal and/or local taxes are the sole responsibility of winner(s).
Prizes awarded are specifically for the Furnace Giveaway and will not be applied towards any other heating or air conditioning work. Winner has the option to upgrade the package for a higher value, at the sole expense of the winner. The Company is not obligated to or bound by, and makes no representations, warranties or guaranty for any contract(s) or agreement(s) made by and between the Winner and the Sponsor.
The Grand Prize winner must be a homeowner and show proof of home ownership and homeowners insurance prior to taking possession of the prize. The location for the home makeover must be within a 30 mile distance of Mendota, Illinois. The winner’s home must comply with all local and state code requirements. Winner is responsible for any and all fees associated with the prize, including but not limited to local permit fees and taxes.
Homeowner must get approval from any neighborhood association or other entity that maintains or enforces rules, laws or covenants at the home’s location.
Prize must be redeemed within 3 months of the contest end date.