Watch as 96.5 the Wolf and 99.3 WAJK's Sean Walsh announces the winner of Rock Star 2018.
Serena Armstrong from Ottawa was scored highest by all four finals judges to win the $500 grand prize. She also got the most audience votes to win the final fan favorite. Second place went to T.J. Martin from Peru. Michael Sphar of Lewistown came in third. Watch clips of all five final performers below.
Check out video clips of our final five.
Rock Star 2018 Final Performances
Thanks to everyone who came out to support all of our talented singers. We're already looking forward to 2019!
Rock Star 2018 is brought to you by Starved Rock Lodge, Euclid Beverage, 99.3 WAJK and 96.5 the Wolf.
2018 Rock Star Official Contest Rules
- Any legal United States resident age 21 or over is eligible to enter and win.
- All performances must be individuals or duos--no groups.
- Only the first 15 acts to sign up are guaranteed the opportunity to perform. After the first 15 entries are received, additional entries will be placed on a waiting list in the order received, and may be given the opportunity to perform if another act is unable to perform 2/15/18.
- Employees of LaSalle County Broadcasting Corp, Starved Rock Lodge and Euclid Beverage and their immediate family members are not eligible to win.
- Musical accompaniment must be prerecorded and each contestant is responsible for bringing their own music on CD or mp3, as well as a backup.
- 99-3 WAJK /96.5 The Wolf and Starved Rock are not responsible for CD's or portable devices that will not play.
- Lyrics must be memorized. No video monitor will be provided.
- No original compositions will be allowed.
- Song selections are up to each contestant, but remember this is a family show.
- Some weeks of the competition will include a selection that fits a particular theme.
- There is no rule prohibiting more than one contestant from singing the same song; however, you may want to rehearse and bring a backup song just in case.
- Contestants will not be allowed to rehearse or perform on stage ahead of their scheduled performance.
- Competition will be held on four consecutive Thursdays 2/15, 2/22, 3/1 and 3/8/18.
- All contestants must sign-in on their performance night between 6:30 p.m. and 6:45 p.m. and be ready to perform by 7:00 p.m.
- Any contestant unable to perform for any reason will be eliminated from the competition forfeiting any and all rights to prizes.
- Judges will rate each contestant on a scale of 1-10 for vocal quality, intonation, interpretation, stage presentation, appearance, and appropriateness of musical selection in relation to ability.
- One official ballot will be given to each audience member after all singers have performed.
- Top vote-getters, combining audience votes and judges scores, advance in the competition.
- The top audience vote-getter each week, or "Fan Favorite", will receive $100 USD.
- The grand prize $500 USD will be awarded to the contestant receiving the highest total of combined judges' scores and audience votes 3/8/18.
- Decisions of the judges are final.
- In the event of a tie, the contestant receiving the least number of "10's" will be eliminated. Should no 10's be awarded, the next highest rating on a contestant's scorecard will be used to determine which contestant advances.
- In no way does this represent a contract between 99.3 WAJK/96.5 The Wolf, Starved Rock Lodge, Euclid Beverage and our contestants, nor does it entitle contestant to any form of remuneration for their performance.
- Contestant’s performance and/or likeness may be used promotionally by 99-3 WAJK/96.5 The Wolf , Starved Rock Lodge and Euclid Beverage.
- Winners may be responsible for taxes.
- There's no purchase necessary to enter or win.