SP-V Firemen

One home came close to exploding in Spring Valley. 

At around 4 o’clock Thursday afternoon, a person on East Dakota Street called Ameren complaining of a gas smell. The power company found a high level of natural gas in five homes. Those that were occupied were evacuated. Spring Valley Fire Chief Todd Bogatitus says one home's gas level was so high, the utilities were disconnected to reduce the risk of an explosion.

The homes were aired out and firefighters left the scene after about three hours.  There were no injuries. 

 

 

Recommended for you