Grand Bear Lodge in Utica had another fire call last night. But this one turned out to be a case of overdone cuisine.

First responders from Utica, LaSalle, Oglesby and Wallace arrived on the lodge’s third floor just after 8 last night to find a haze on the floor and the smell of burned popcorn. (And we all know how pleasant that is.) No one was injured. No damage done. Utica Fire Chief Ben Brown tells us they were out of there by 8:30.

No telling how long the smell of burned popcorn will linger at Grand Bear Lodge, though.

Recommended for you